UPPLEGER DENTAL'S COVID-19 POLICY
ALL PATIENTS MUST COMPLETE THE COVID-19 CONSENT FORM AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THEIR APPOINTMENT OR THE APPOINTMENT MAY BE RELEASED TO ANOTHER PATIENT.
Click on this link to access the secure patient forms portal: PATIENT FORMS
*established patients only need to complete the one form (COVID-19 Consent)*
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- We will be in more personal protective equipment gear than you are used to seeing us. We are following and exceeding the guidelines of the CDC, MDHHS, OSHA, ADA, and MDA. These additional precautions are to ensure the highest level of safety for our patients and team members. Parents, please tell your kids we are having dress up day at work. The Uppleger Dental team is dressing up as astronauts that day. To keep it fun, we have an outer space theme set up for the kids. As always, tell them “we are nice and here to help them!” Simple is best- we will handle further explanation when they arrive.
- You will notice the entire office is equipped with air purifiers. These are medical grade H13 (better than HEPA) purifiers that clean and exchange all of the air in the office every 10-15 minutes. They have a 99.97% particle removal and can capture things even smaller than COVID-19.
- We will also be fogging down each operatory after patient use. This will capture and kill any COVID-19 that may remain in the air. The entire office will also be fog disinfected daily.
- Upon your arrival you will have to sanitize your hands and have your temperature taken.
- All patients will pre-rinse with a hydrogen peroxide solution, this will kill the virus present in the mouth.
- We have installed sneeze guards at the front desk.
- As we have always done, we will continue to use rubber dam isolation whenever possible. This minimizes the spread of contaminated aerosols.
- We have also invested in a brand new technology by ADS- an extraoral suction system. This will capture any aerosol that escapes our usual suctioning. These are on pre-order, and we will be one of the first offices to receive them.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We appreciate your patience during these difficult times and thank you for understanding that we are taking every precaution to keep you and your family safe.
- We would also like you to know that each of our team members, doctors included, are screened daily with temperature scans and the same COVID-19 screening questions you were asked. We take our responsibility to keep our patients and community safe – our team members are all required to continue to follow strict “stay-at-home” guidelines.
What we will ask of our patients:
- All patients MUST complete the COVID-19 Consent form online prior to their appointment. We will not be able to allow a patient in the office without this completed in advance. This will ensure the highest safety for all of our patients and team members. If you cannot access the internet at home, we would be more than happy to mail you a copy, please let the scheduling team member know.
- Please stay in your car when you arrive for your appointment. Call us and let us know you have arrived, we will instruct you from there. The office phone number is 248-792-2400.
- All patients must wear a mask or face covering when you enter the building. If you do not have one, we would be happy to provide you with a ASTM level 3 mask for only $3.
- You will not be allowed to wear gloves (due to latex allergies), and will be required to sanitize your hands upon arrival.
- Come alone to your appointments, or ask your co-pilot to wait in the car (unless medically necessary to have them come in with you). A parent or guardian is allowed to come in with their child.
- We request that patients pre-pay their estimated copays over the phone in order to minimize contact between patients and front desk team members.
UPPLEGER DENTAL RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS - updated 5.11.2020
REGARDING CORONAVIRUS 2019 (COVID-19)
We are personally reaching out to all of our patients to address the current situation with the coronavirus, known as COVID-19. Each day brings new developments related to the virus, and our hearts go out to everyone affected by COVID-19. We wanted to inform you as healthcare providers, we are closely monitoring this situation. That being said, we want you to know that Uppleger Dental is taking the following actions to minimize any risk to our patients, their families, and our team members:
- We continue to maintain the highest, most up-to-date and modern sterilization techniques for our patients and team members. Uppleger Dental standards have always exceeded Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Michigan Dental Association (MDA) and the American Dental Association (ADA) standards for universal precautions and infection control.
- We will maintain open and regular communication with the MDHHS and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for any new developments.
The safety of our patients, their families, our team, and the community we serve is our top priority. We all have a part in keeping ourselves and our community healthy and safe.
At this time, our office will be temporarily closed based on the recommendation of the Michigan Dental Association and the Governor's Executive Order. If you are a patient of record and are experiencing a dental emergency, please contact Dr. Katherine Solomich at 313-549-8933. We plan to re-open the office on Monday, June 1, 2020. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We hope that everyone will use this time to stay home, and stay healthy!